Running with Pencils Forum Index Running with Pencils
Where the mind frolicks dangerously

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Physics and Math thread :D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin
Transcendant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Physics and Math thread :D Reply with quote

So we can discuss these items of interest ^_^

My Novel: A Black Superhero in 1953
http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/johnrocket/index.html
Available NOW!
Kevin
Transcendant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: 0 can be devided by and divide into nothing Reply with quote

There's a critical fault in our mathmatics system.

The concept that 1 x 0 or 0 x 1 = 0.

People say that it proves itself when you try to divide a whole number or zero by zero or another whole number.

However, this is incorrect.

Example:

Lets say you have a box of nothing. It's completely empty. Someone came along and said they would multiply the contents of your box by two.

Now you would think, 2 x 0 = 0.

But you are wrong. What you have instead of 0, is you have 2 boxes that are filled with absolutely nothing.

Now you turn to me and say: But, you're multiplying boxes not nothing.

I turn to you and say: but, you would not have the boxes if it weren't for the fact you had nothing to begin with.

No I'm not being jocular, I'm dead serious.

If you had a box of apples, and the man who had a box of nothing came along, he would not give you another box. It was the emptiness of the box that initiated that trade.

"But Kevin," you say, "That's the most idiotic idea I've ever heard. Why would someone double your nothing by giving you a box which contained nothing to begin with? You still wind up with nothing!"

"But, you forget," I say, "nothingness is not necessarily nothing to begin with. Besides the philosophical abstract of the meaning of nothingness, scientific exploration would not be possible without the absense of everything else! It's called the control factor."

"Wow, dude you're getting a little overboard. I don't know if you're a genius, stupid, or insane." You might say to me.

My response is, "Ok, well prove to me you cannot multiply nothing by something to equal more of nothing!"

And you say, "Divide nothing by something or something by nothing, you always wind up with 0!"

I say, "That is incorrect."

For example:

5 divided by 0 does not = 0.

How many times does 0 go into five? Zero has no abstract, no dimension, it literally is nothingness, however, there is still a 5.

The number 5 can hold 5 whole values of 1. So that means, that if 0 lacks value of dimension, then 5 can hold 5 infinite values of nothingness.

So in essence, 5 divided by 0 is not 0. But rather, 5 divided by 0 = 5∞ 0

Or, 5 whole infinite values of Nothing.

"But, Kevin -- YOU'RE MAKING MY BRAIN HURT!"

my response is:

"Calculate the value of infinity and your brain will no longer hurt. Do you honestly think that it is a coincidence that the value of infinity resembles the value of nothing? Nothingness and Infinity both require the same amount of contemplative understanding. Infinity is all encompassing, and Nothingness is all exclusive. But both exist.

How can infinity exist without the existance of something which doesn't?

It's matter/anti-matter.

Yin and Yang.

It is physical and immaterial.

They are both values.

And despite the fact that Nothingness has no value, it clearly must have a value to be designated and identified as nothingness. In which case, it is infinite and finite in its own design. You can have 1 Whole value of Nothing, as well as 5 whole values of Nothing. And if you can have 5 whole values of nothing, that means you can have infinite values of nothing."

"But, Kevin, nothing is still nothing no matter how much nothing you might have!"

"How do you know this? Do you have more than 1 of nothing? This is not a philosophical question, this is a literal designation. How much nothing is a value of nothing without becoming something else? All of Nothing is Nothing, but Nothing still occupies space and time. Without Nothing there cannot be a whole of something to fill the void. There must be void in order for there to be a 3 dimensional existence.

Especially when you work in advanced fields of physics. Not everything is something. Much of what is out there in the cosmos is literally nothing. But, each nothing is different nothing and in different quantities."

^_^

Available NOW!
rocklikeafool
Journeyman

Location: In the far side of oblivion...a. k. a. some fantasy book...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please shut up.

Call me rlaf for short. Thanks.

I rocked so hard they called me foolish. Btw, I only like Venezuelan coffee; the pure native brew there is awesome!
Kevin
Transcendant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want to participate in this thread then don't.

Available NOW!
Kevin
Transcendant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok duLapel here's my system Very Happy

This system is the primary process for calculating irrational numbers using rational notation.

Unfortunately, I can't do it 100% the way it is in my book, because I use tables in my demonstrations. If you want to see how I formatted it in my book you can email me and I'll send you the graphics right away, or I can just give you the web address to each page once my book is on my website Smile

This is simply the process (C)2006-2009 which can be used. The process is altered depending on the irrational number desired. I currently do not know of a simple way to reverse this type of equation. However, I have no doubt that a reversal equation could be developed using a dedicated computational processor used to identify patterns of numbers and their markers. Using this formula as a basis, I know that any irrational number could be "hacked" and a reverse equation could be developed to create rational notations for numbers such as pi or phi.

The End of the 'Deci'-mal Point

The whole idea is that the decimal point is no longer capable of sustaining modern mathematics. This goes hand in hand with the failure of the metric belief that base ten is a more accurate system. The decimal routinely causes calculation errors in high end sciences, screwing with bases of three and four beyond recognition, and further damages the essence of extended mathematical functions. As decimal stands for deca (ten), it therefore must have deca be removed from its name.
The decimal point shall simply be renamed the Partition Point or Point for short (as it is already referred to in the vernacular) - and then every place on the right shall be considered a table with rows and columns.
Each column represents a shift, just as it would if it were a normal decimal.
Each row represents a new denomination. Each block within the table, such as Row A Column B would have it's own denominator.

Were already doing it with the decimal system, only each denominator is the same - a base of 10. In this system, the numerator alters itself. Since you multiply the numbers as you would any other formula, this would not affect or change the workings of mathematics.
Now, in order to represent numbers that defy standard notation, we must also create skips, negative flips, and inserts. These are numbers that causes the fractions to move by a variation determined by their sidebar, alternate between negative or positive depending on how many places left or right they possess, or insert themselves at a specific variation. This skip, negative flip, or insert can be multiplied or subtracted or added as normal, and it will come out entirely correct, however, because it is presented in a finite notation, there is no requirement for rounding such numbers up or down.
Another aspect is three dimensional variation of the number. Where if you pretend to look at the table from the top, it will have a three dimensional form of a circle or say a spiraling form which would change how the numbers are added together (that's an easy way to visualize the skip or insert numbers to represent themselves)
All of these are rational notations. When you include the skip as an infinitesimal increasing or decreasing, it's still finite but when you "calculate it out" it becomes infinite representation.
Just as you can multiply or divide 1/3rd, and you can't successfully represent .33333333333333333333, you can do the same with the skips/inserts.
The value of the skips/inserts is dependent on their representation.

An example of such a notation in Process

Skip will be represented by a (#)$. # denotes the number of places before a skip is introduced. $ is how many places the skip will skip.
Negative/Positive will be represented by -#/+# or vice versa +#/-#. # denotes the number of places the number will be negative before switching to positive and vice versa.
Inserts will be represented by #*(#**/#***)@. #* denotes the numerical value of the insert. #** denotes the multiple of places which must be considered over the numerator value of #*** before the insert is inserted. If #** is not evenly divided by #*** then it will not be inserted. This form of notation is created on the chance that the insertion quality will be multiplied, divided, added or subtracted. @ is the number of times the inserted number is inserted before increasing. i.e.: for each time a number is inserted, it will insert the number twice into sequence, allowing for @ to be exponential representation, yet still calculable as a normal numerical value.

Negative Values will be represented as Blue text (if printed in color).

Pointalized Value being:
(a complete finite rational notational of an infinite irrational number)

(please take note, that in my written example the 1/3 and 3/17 ||-3/+4|| are part of the same column place after the "point". The other 1/3 ||(4)5|| and 7/11 ||4(2/5)12|| are in the second column to the right)

3 . !1/3_________! 1/3 ||(4)5||
___!3/17 ||-3/+4||! 7/11 ||4(2/5)12||

(please note I have tried to color the appropriate blue numbers, but it is very late)

(after the 12th time 4 is inserted it will be inserted as two fours 4|4. Not to be confused with the number 44, as each four shall be multiplied and divided as a singular number)

*“Decimalized” value being:
(an incomplete notation of an irrational number)

(showing my work):

(please note I cannot highlight the carry overs like I did in my book)

** Carry Overs
*(providing my addition is correct)

The bolded and underlined 3 may or may not be a 3

As clearly demonstrated, the finite representations are far more accurate. As to the form of notation used, that could easily be in flux, and properly noted/determined by the paper using the appropriate notation. What is important are the concepts of the skip, negative flips, insertions and exponential yet finite representations that are all easily modified through simple calculations without the need for insane (+1(+1(+1(+1......... incalculable, and irrational representation.

It should further be noted that patterns of carry overs could be used as a piece of the puzzle to crack/decode the finite representation of known irrational numbers. The above is a fictitious irrational number used for demonstrative purposes only, however, you can clearly see the implications of such a method of mathematics.

(C)2006 – 2009 Kevin Conner

Available NOW!
Kevin
Transcendant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Hawking - a man about whom I have many reservations and disagreements was rushed to the hospital today.

Sad despite the fact he was wrong as often as he was right, and I don't think he should've been given a chair at Cambridge (in fact, I hate the whole idea of physics chairmen, it reeks of a religious dozen or so men control the world idea), he's still an excellent physicist and it's sad that he's so sick.

here's the news report Sad

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090420/ap_on_re_eu/eu_britain_hawking

Stephen Hawking hospitalized, reported very ill
AP

Stephen Hawking, professor of mathematics and physics from Cambridge University Reuters – Stephen Hawking, professor of mathematics and physics from Cambridge University arrives for a news conference …
By ROBERT BARR, Associated Press Writer Robert Barr, Associated Press Writer – 46 mins ago

LONDON – Famed mathematician Stephen Hawking was rushed to a hospital Monday and was seriously ill, Cambridge University said.

The university said Hawking has been fighting a chest infection for several weeks, and was being treated at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, the university city north of London.

"Professor Hawking is very ill," said Gregory Hayman, the university's head of communications. "He is undergoing tests. He has been unwell for a couple of weeks."

Later in the afternoon, Hayman said Hawking was "now comfortable but will be kept in hospital overnight."

Hawking, 67, gained renown for his work on black holes, and has remained active despite being diagnosed at 21 with ALS, (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), an incurable degenerative disorder also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.

For some years, Hawking has been almost entirely paralyzed, and he communicates through an electronic voice synthesizer activated by his fingers.

Hawking was involved in the search for the great goal of physics — a "unified theory" — which would resolve contradictions between Albert Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, which describes the laws of gravity that govern the motion of large objects like planets, and the Theory of Quantum Mechanics, which deals with the world of subatomic particles.

"A complete, consistent unified theory is only the first step: our goal is a complete understanding of the events around us, and of our own existence," he wrote in his best-selling book, "A Brief History of Time," published in 1988.

In a more accessible sequel "The Universe in a Nutshell," published in 2001, Hawking ventured into concepts like supergravity, naked singularities and the possibility of a universe with 11 dimensions.

He announced last year that he would step down from his post as Lucasian Professor of Mathematics, a title once held by the great 18th-century physicist Isaac Newton. However, the university said Hawking intended to continue working as Emeritus Lucasian Professor of Mathematics.

Hawking had canceled an appearance at Arizona State University on April 6 because of his illness.

"Professor Hawking is a remarkable colleague. We all hope he will be amongst us again soon," said Professor Peter Haynes, head of the university's Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics.

Available NOW!
Nitrien
Disciple

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're serious about your ideas, I suggest that you discuss them with experts in this field. That way, you can get some valuable feedback. I'm sure there are people here who are interested in math, but these sorts of topics will mostly just go ignored by others outside the math community, which may give you a false sense of being right. To really validate your ideas, you need to seek out people in that field and have them tell you why you're wrong or why you're right. That's the best way to expand your knowledge on it.

Also, you might want to consider taking classes in math and talking with the professors and learning from them why things are as they are, and then see what they think of your ideas and whether they are a good contribution to math or not.
Zingoleb
Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This necro confused me. I was like, "I've read these somewhere before..."
Kevin
Transcendant

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitrien wrote:
If you're serious about your ideas, I suggest that you discuss them with experts in this field. That way, you can get some valuable feedback. I'm sure there are people here who are interested in math, but these sorts of topics will mostly just go ignored by others outside the math community, which may give you a false sense of being right. To really validate your ideas, you need to seek out people in that field and have them tell you why you're wrong or why you're right. That's the best way to expand your knowledge on it.

Also, you might want to consider taking classes in math and talking with the professors and learning from them why things are as they are, and then see what they think of your ideas and whether they are a good contribution to math or not.

I'm 31, I have taken these classes, and I've stumped professors with these posts - professors who have been teaching for 20 years.

Available NOW!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: