Running with Pencils Forum Index Running with Pencils
Where the mind frolicks dangerously

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

180. All for one
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> Flaky Pastry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin
Transcendant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: 180. All for one Reply with quote

It frightens me that all those bodies may potentially become vampires :O

My Novel: A Black Superhero in 1953
http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/johnrocket/index.html
Available NOW!
Queen Mab
Savant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frightning?..... or just annoying
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that there are a few hundred variations on the rules of vampirism, just about anything could happen. Still, the idea of a horde of undead Nitrines running around is terrifying.
asciiwarrior
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, that's it. I officially lost track of which Nitrine is which. So, which Nitrine is left? Real Nitrine? Imaginary Nitrine-A? Nitrine-B? Nitrine-C? Four M's and a silent Q? Twirling XD

Hard to be certain, but I get the feeling from this installment that the dead Nitrines are not coming back as vampires.

Shame, that. I was looking forward to seeing an army of Nitrine vampires marching down the street. Twisted Evil

"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men" -Willy Wonka (Zintiel, too)
Jack the R
Disciple

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Zintiel has beat her annoying adversary, but I'm ready for the kick-ass to spread to the other girls now. Especially Nitrine.
christycakes
Initiate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HILARIOUS! Laughing

But yeah, like mentioned in other posts... those bodies may become vampires.

I think it's the real Nitrine left, you can't kill the real one!
It just can't be part of the story line, unless Falingard all wants us to be sad. Sad
Kevin
Transcendant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don wanna be sad Sad

My Novel: A Black Superhero in 1953
http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/johnrocket/index.html
Available NOW!
kingpocky
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which makes me wonder, what would be the plural of Nitrine? It seems like it might be one of those words like sheep or fish-
asciiwarrior
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

christycakes wrote:
I think it's the real Nitrine left, you can't kill the real one!

Can't you?

If you will forgive me for playing nosferantu's advocate ...

In fact, it is likely that we will never know for sure. After all, how do you prove that this is the real Nitrine, and not one of the imaginary Nitrines

I will agree with you, though, that it would be a sad day in Pastryland if we were to find out that it was one of the imaginary ones.

"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men" -Willy Wonka (Zintiel, too)
Baziron
Savant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asciiwarrior wrote:
Alright, that's it. I officially lost track of which Nitrine is which. So, which Nitrine is left? Real Nitrine? Imaginary Nitrine-A? Nitrine-B? Nitrine-C? Four M's and a silent Q? Twirling XD

Hard to be certain, but I get the feeling from this installment that the dead Nitrines are not coming back as vampires.

Shame, that. I was looking forward to seeing an army of Nitrine vampires marching down the street. Twisted Evil

I think I said it before and I'm certain to say it again: There are, most likely, no imaginary Nitrines, they are all as real as the original and thus, no, you can't kill the original until you get all of them.
SilentPsycho
Savant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingpocky wrote:
Which makes me wonder, what would be the plural of Nitrine? It seems like it might be one of those words like sheep or fish-

Nitrinies? Razz
coronalwave
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Well, well, well.... Reply with quote

Hey, can I have a few of those bodies? That's like the ultimate action figure. At least untill rigor sets in. Twisted Evil
J
Master

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asciiwarrior wrote:

Look, it's simple: Nitrine is replicating the most awesome character she can imagine (namely, herself), however, since as we all know nitrine's awesomeness is infact beyond imagination (even one as awesome as hers, though this still leaves them more awesome than less awesome beings can imagine), the resulting pseudonitrines will, naturally and unavoidably be less awesome than the original (as can be seen here). Thus, identifying the original nitrine is simply a matter of picking the one that is more awesome than the rest.
asciiwarrior
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J wrote:
Look, it's simple: Nitrine is replicating the most awesome character she can imagine (namely, herself), however, since as we all know nitrine's awesomeness is infact beyond imagination (even one as awesome as hers, though this still leaves them more awesome than less awesome beings can imagine), the resulting pseudonitrines will, naturally and unavoidably be less awesome than the original

Ah, yes. Throw her into the Total Perspective Vortex. That actually could work for Nitrine. Although Nitrine is one of only two characters in the Pastry universe that would have a chance of surviving it. XD

kingpocky
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed that Morgana is looking a little nervous about all of this? I'm guessing that her original intent might have been just to humiliate Nitrine. Check out strip 174. Morgana only reluctantly agrees that Nitrine should be destroyed because she poses a threat, which means that killing her probably wasn't part of the original plan. From Morgana's expression and attitude in the current comic, I'll bet she's starting to wish that she had just spent the evening at home reading up on her incantations or re-doing her dye job. Moirganae, on the other hand, seems to be enjoying this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> Flaky Pastry All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: