Running with Pencils Forum Index Running with Pencils
Where the mind frolicks dangerously

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hmm...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> Flaky Pastry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cadell
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Hmm... Reply with quote

Hello I'm a relatively new reader here. I rarely join webcomics forums but for this one I thought I'd make an exception. It seems that Zintiel is a race and class taken from a little known classic RPG Zangband. I noticed this because High Elf Chaos warriors are the most interesting/ best race class combo in the game, also her job (looting a 100 level dungeon) seems very similar to the plot from this game. This long and ambling post does does have a point, which I am about to get to and it is this: If Zintiel is a chaos warrior, does she have a patron demon and will it give her random rewards/mutations upon "leveling up" (laser eyes, cool powers etc.)?

Also there is her exclamation upon entering level 2 which was something along the lines of "maybe the dungeon reassembles itself randomly every time you enter it!" which actually does happen in Zangband.
Cthulhu
Lord

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Zintiel with laser eyes! Shocked
asciiwarrior
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmm... Reply with quote

Cadell wrote:
If Zintiel is a chaos warrior, does she have a patron demon?

A truly dangerous prospect.

Zintiel is so chaotic that, if she acquired a patron demon, she probably could not go more than a few days without doing something to anger it. And knowing her, the act would be such an affront to the demon that it would raze the entire town in its quest for vengeance against her.

Still, Zintiel with a patron demon ... Twisted Evil THE WORLD IS SPINNINNNGG!!!1

"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men" -Willy Wonka (Zintiel, too)
falingard
Archmage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm!

Why yes, Zintiel was originally inspired by a ZAngband character Twirling At the time I played a semi-graphical variant called ZAngband Tk. And with minimal cheating :O :O :O I eventually finished the game - so Zintiel had plenty of mutations by the end. I once had her stats saved as a text file (the game lets you do that), but I lost them in a hard drive crash!

But it doesn't matter much, since she's since grown into a pretty different character (as you might be able to tell by the lack of horns, steel skin, or extra legs!). Still, good job on guessing her origins Smile
Cadell
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZangbandTK is the one that I have as well. I am a terrible cheater though. Embarassed
Kugai
Transcendant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hmm... Reply with quote

asciiwarrior wrote:
Cadell wrote:
If Zintiel is a chaos warrior, does she have a patron demon?

A truly dangerous prospect.

Zintiel is so chaotic that, if she acquired a patron demon, she probably could not go more than a few days without doing something to anger it. And knowing her, the act would be such an affront to the demon that it would raze the entire town in its quest for vengeance against her.

Still, Zintiel with a patron demon ... Twisted Evil THE WORLD IS SPINNINNNGG!!!1

Either that, or she'd get the patron demon so tied in knots it'd expire just to have some peace. Very Happy Wink

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to to nothing - Edmond Burke

You can never have too much Coffee.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> Flaky Pastry All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: