Running with Pencils Forum Index Running with Pencils
Where the mind frolicks dangerously

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The older than he looks Neighbour...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> Flaky Pastry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sootwing
Initiate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: The older than he looks Neighbour... Reply with quote

My guess about the latest comic (Friday the 13th, 2007), is that he has lived a long time and feels that he knows Marelle, so he thinks that he knows that she wouldn't have liked it. He could possibly also want to keep his age a secret so he re-worded his reply.
LadyFox
Disciple

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if neighbor were really that old, this poses some problems... for example, since there weren't any people around during the age of dinosaurs, if neighbor was around back then, that would have to mean he's an alien. And if he's an alien.. OMG! The broken UFO is HIS SHIP!!!!!
asciiwarrior
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyFox wrote:
But if neighbor were really that old, this poses some problems... for example, since there weren't any people around during the age of dinosaurs, if neighbor was around back then, that would have to mean he's an alien. And if he's an alien.. OMG! The broken UFO is HIS SHIP!!!!!

Could be, definitely could be. Personally, though, I envision his UFO to be more ... boxy. And blue, definitely blue. Mr. Green

Of course, that is my personal guess. Given Falingard's track record with foreshadowing, he probably has some other idea in mind that none of us have thought of.

"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men" -Willy Wonka (Zintiel, too)
Kugai
Transcendant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vorlons made him.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to to nothing - Edmond Burke

You can never have too much Coffee.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
asciiwarrior
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kugai wrote:
The Vorlons made him.

or maybe he is on of the First Ones. uh-huh

"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men" -Willy Wonka (Zintiel, too)
Cthulhu
Lord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Neighbour is the reason why dinosaurs are extinct
Kugai
Transcendant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is that asciiwarrior. uh-huh

Hmmmm Cthulhu, I wonder if he gave them the Flu? Very Happy Wink

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to to nothing - Edmond Burke

You can never have too much Coffee.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cthulhu
Lord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there, I fixed my sig
nau
Transcendant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OR, given Neighbour's scientific bent, he could have experience time-travelling.

But that isn't to say he mightn't also be a very intriguing and powerful immortal! I vant to dreenk yur blawd!
sootwing
Initiate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo, time travel, that could very much be, he IS smart enough. It's a flaky world out there.
MajorKurn
Initiate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you refer to http://flakypastry.runningwithpencils.com/comic.php?strip_id=107 you'll notice that Neighbour has at least 2 flux capacitors. well, only 1 after Natrine took one. so with a flux capacitor, and a suitable peice of transporation capable of hitting 88km per hour then he could have gone back in time.

or if he had a space ship he could have done the standard orbit around the sun and time traveled that way.

Even Klingons enjoy a good croissant.
asciiwarrior
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajorKurn wrote:
or if he had a space ship he could have done the standard orbit around the sun and time traveled that way.

or he could turn a nearby underground cavern into a triolic wave chamber. Then, all he would have to do is build a device to focus those waves and transform them into a portal ...

Qapla' MajorKurn

Asperity
Initiate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyFox wrote:

This may be overly anal, but strip 37 kinda implies he's human... Unless he was lying?
LadyFox
Disciple

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asperity wrote:
LadyFox wrote:

This may be overly anal, but strip 37 kinda implies he's human... Unless he was lying?

I was actually only joking around; I didn't mean it as a serious hypothesis. I'm not really an "OMG!" kinda girl Wink

I think the time travel or highlander-esque theories that have been proposed are far more feasible.
Asperity
Initiate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw... And here I was getting all excited about reasons he WOULD lie. Everyone else seems so willing to talk about themselves it would have to be one heck of a reason, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> Flaky Pastry All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: