Running with Pencils Forum Index Running with Pencils
Where the mind frolicks dangerously

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

640. Patternity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> Flaky Pastry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kugai
Transcendant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: 640. Patternity Reply with quote

Well, that went better than he expected.

Now that he's got the really IMPORTANT matter out of the way, he'll have an easier time of it discussing the LESSER matters that occurred.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to to nothing - Edmond Burke

You can never have too much Coffee.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shard
Disciple

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find myself liking this king, though I imagine getting through longer conversations with him might be a pain.

Out of curiosity, is the title of the page a pun, or a typo (pattern-ity vs. paternity)?
falingard
Archmage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shard wrote:
Out of curiosity, is the title of the page a pun, or a typo (pattern-ity vs. paternity)?
It is quirk! It has all the meaning you choose to see in it, no more no less Very Happy
WayTooManyUIDs
Disciple

Location: A damp island that likes to pretend it's not part of Europe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine the elven king speaking in Ian McDiarmid's Emperor Palpatine voice. I reckon he started doing it to annoy people like his daughter, but he continues doing it because it's fun.
Kugai
Transcendant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking more William Shatner

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to to nothing - Edmond Burke

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WayTooManyUIDs
Disciple

Location: A damp island that likes to pretend it's not part of Europe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kugai wrote:
I was thinking more William Shatner

That's even better!
Evereverfar
Initiate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New visitor here! Doesn't he have other siblings? Not to mention, possibly they could simply introduce sperm to egg and have a surrogate. And then there are future Marelle and Zintiel.
falingard
Archmage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evereverfar wrote:
New visitor here! Doesn't he have other siblings? Not to mention, possibly they could simply introduce sperm to egg and have a surrogate. And then ther are future Marelle and Zintiel.
First off, welcome! I have to say, those all sound more complicated than adoption Very Happy
Also I'm not sure I understand what Future Marelle and Zintiel have to do with anything
Evereverfar
Initiate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

falingard wrote:
First off, welcome! I have to say, those all sound more complicated than adoption Very Happy
Also I'm not sure I understand what Future Marelle and Zintiel have to do with anything

Hi! Well, designating one of his nieces or nephews as his heir should be even simpler than adoption, if there's a bloodline issue. And they are an advanced society, so advanced that the Oracles just tried to destroy them. My choice of imagining is that creating an heir, even perhaps one who is offspring of both Prince Lumigardo and Arlen, should be possible. After all, in humans most males have an X and a Y. Maybe these elves are the same. All they need to do is choose daughter or son...

The second part was a tangent, feel free to ignore it. Unless they work for the Oracles or something!
Kugai
Transcendant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling we've already seen one of his siblings make a play for power.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> Flaky Pastry All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: