Running with Pencils Forum Index Running with Pencils
Where the mind frolicks dangerously

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please check out the IIAAC.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin
Transcendant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Please check out the IIAAC. Reply with quote

HI guys!Very Happy

I've been lurking for a while, specifically the last 2 months I've been finishing up the By-Laws for a consortium specifically tailored to help small businesses and creative minds in all forms of media.

It's something I've been trying to get going for the past year.

I'd like to invite everyone here, including Felix, to join the International Independent Authors and Artists Consortium. Basically, the IIAAC is where members get together to help publicize each other. We will be attending events of all kinds. During this interim year (the next 3 months), we'll be attending at least 1 Holiday Event (aiming for one of the November events).

It's NOT a replacement for a web comics collective. It is NOT a web comics collective. The IIAAC is a supplemental organization with no "requirements", no "dues". Some events do require money for participation if you choose to participate.

Why did I start the IIAAC? I started it because many times artists do not have the money to promote themselves, nor can they travel all over the world. This makes it very difficult to compete against corporations.

The IIAAC is a way to help promote someone in say Washington while you are in say Vancouver, and thusly receive promotion yourself in Arizona.

Please check us out! So far we are ONLY on facebook. The next 3 months will be the "baby years" where members can help re-shape the by-laws (if needed) and decide on some website and organizational structure.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-International-Independent-Authors-and-Artists-Consortium/278909172127658

You can find more at the facebook link (including a link to the current By-Laws).

My Novel: A Black Superhero in 1953
http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/johnrocket/index.html
Available NOW!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: