Running with Pencils Forum Index Running with Pencils
Where the mind frolicks dangerously

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daran Fanclub

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> Flaky Pastry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random Wanderer
Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Daran Fanclub Reply with quote

It struck me as I looked through these forums that many of the other girls (and a couple of guys) have fanclubs, but the most intriguing girl of all remains without. That seems unfair to me, and so I came here to create The Official (hopefully) Daran Fan Club!

As I said in my first thread, Daran is a lovely, blond, pale, time-traveling, elegant, floaty, mysterious, invisible girl who was recently revealed to be the neighbour's daughter. Also she likes to have meetings with him in the future, for reasons that are not entirely clear. Curiously there was a comment made about how she of all people would appreciate the world not being destroyed...

I love her character design, her choice of outfits, the mysteriousness of her character, the way it seems she can pass mostly unnoticed anywhere she goes, and especially what we've seen of her personality. I'm a bit sad that Leslie got to her first Wink , but I suppose I can't begrudge a character for hooking up with a person in the same multiverse.

Anyway. Anyone else out there think she's worthy of some fans? Please come in. Don't be shy!
MerchManDan
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't deny, Daran is super-cute. Also, she's Neighbours daughter, which makes her half-awesome at the very least.

Sure, sign me up! Bloop.. bloop...
Kevin
Transcendant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YaY Daran!Very Happy

My Novel: A Black Superhero in 1953
http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/johnrocket/index.html
Available NOW!
Random Wanderer
Master

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Now I have [s]minions[/s] fellow fans. Wink

Not that I'm entirely sure what fanclubs do, other than stand around and be enthused about the character. But that works, I guess.

Daran is interesting in that she's pretty much a background character, yet she shows as much potential for backstory and plot-twistiness as the main characters. I hope we eventually learn more about her as time goes on. Not too much, though. We don't want to ruin her mystique.
guciek
Initiate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Wanderer wrote:
We don't want to ruin her mystique.

Wouldn't fear about THAT, just count the strips she has appeared in, it really had been planned to be a nice mysterious mystery - not that anyone noticed until having it flashed in front of the very eyes in comic 300.
Kawahiem
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in... Daran is very cute and I totally want to know more about her!

edit : did you remember Daran appeared as early as strip 67?
Random Wanderer
Master

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawahiem wrote:
edit : did you remember Daran appeared as early as strip 67?

Yes, that's the first strip I've been able to spot her in. I'm not ready to swear that's the first time she appeared in the comic, however.
duLapel
Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Homage to Fenchurch Reply with quote

Though not an "official" member of the nearly invisible girl with the cheek tattoo... the twelfth day of Christmas illustration reminded me of one of her very unusual characteristics... Her feet don't touch the ground!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> Flaky Pastry All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: