Running with Pencils Forum Index Running with Pencils
Where the mind frolicks dangerously

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starshine_Monarch
Initiate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Where is it? Reply with quote

This place seems to lack a proper introduction thread. Oh well, doesn't really matter I guess. The name's Josh, a new fan of Flaky Pastry. After reading through the archives about twice now, I've decided to see what other folks that read FP are like. Hopefully this will go better than the last time I tried to join a webcomic's forum.
orinocou
Disciple

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, Josh. I'll totally piggyback on your introduction, and use it to introduce myself. I found Flaky Pastry through a link on YAFGC, another comic around here. So far I'm a fan!

In short, hello.
MerchManDan
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Unofficial Introduction Thread Reply with quote

Hiiii everybody!! I'm Dan, and I'm using this thread to introduce myself as well; mostly 'cause it's not always comfortable for me to start a new thread while still a "n00b." That's probably just me, I'm wierd that way.
So anyways, I love Flaky Pastry (the comic AND the foodstuff!) & several dozen other webcomics; also, indie music, nerdy stuff like D&D and sci-fi, and animals. I kinda MUST love animals since there are two dogs, three cats & sometimes a roommate living here too. I'm a merch-guy/roadie for a local band, but I promise I'm not here just to promote them. (feel free to ask about them, though!! Wink )
And....later, I'll probably think of better things I should've written here & then forget to write them.
Kevin
Transcendant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! My name is God, but I go by Kevin on the internet.

I used to do various things, such as eternal damnation, co-ed volley ball with zeus and athena, sunrises and world creation. But, ever since the Olympians retired and left me with this here Heuristically programmed ALgorithmic Computer (which is basically in charge of everything), I've basically got nothing left to do.

So, all that's left is for me to give administrator approval to some random appearances of various saints in Spain, Italy and Mexico.

Other than that I've gone into the game design business, my board game (as linked below if you wanna play ;D ) is covered by two U.S. patents, with Canadian and Australian pending. It's called Tora, which means Tiger in Japanese, mainly done to save tigers with proceeds from the game. I am going to be hitting up an inventor tradeshow in October it looks like. I need to license off the damned thing soon so I can finish paying for various expenses.

I also write novels and short stories. Got a ton of them. I am currently being frustrated at almost every corner in my attempt to sell them, however. I am looking at purchasing printers, but not entirely sure where to find industrial book printers and binding presses.

Too many printing houses want to charge me a massive amount of overhead which would put my novel costs into the $15-$20 range. Novels don't sell as well when they cost that much.

I was planning on doing a web comic, but unless I got some inking assistance, it's a no go until I can grab some free time. All my time is being taken up by my board game and novels.

My Novel: A Black Superhero in 1953
http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/johnrocket/index.html
Available NOW!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: