Running with Pencils Forum Index Running with Pencils
Where the mind frolicks dangerously

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

149. Certifiably Special

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> Flaky Pastry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kugai
Transcendant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: 149. Certifiably Special Reply with quote

Hmmmm........

Somewhere in there that made sense.

Can anybody explain where? Confused

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to to nothing - Edmond Burke

You can never have too much Coffee.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
falingard
Archmage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assure you, it makes more sense to the people who could guess the mystery of comic 145 - which is not that many people! Buuuuuut, the inside joke content of the comic will start dropping back down this friday, I promise Jello!
Queen Mab
Savant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... I wanna class like that
Lord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

falingard wrote:
I assure you, it makes more sense to the people who could guess the mystery of comic 145 - which is not that many people!

No, it's the other way around. Now the mystery of comic 145 makes more sense.
At least I think it does... I was never really involved... and it's hard to recognize a drawing from a description.... and there is no coffeephobic character who speaks binary...
falingard
Archmage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cthulhu wrote:
No, it's the other way around. Now the mystery of comic 145 makes more sense.
At least I think it does... I was never really involved... and it's hard to recognize a drawing from a description.... and there is no coffeephobic character who speaks binary...

Well, I couldn't very well make a class of 162-174 people. I had to make CHOICES :O
orinocou
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Update schedule question Reply with quote

Ooh, the plot thickens! Nice page, Felix; I like the library background.

Mind if I ask you a non-plot-related question? About how long does it take for you to draw and color a page? See, I've got a comic of my own, and am having a lot of trouble keeping a 2 page a week update schedule.

You seem to be able to keep your schedule pretty well, which I admire (though in today's update you mentioned possibly having to cut it down, but that's cool). I just wondered if you had any particular tips or suggestions about that.

Sorry if this has been discussed before; I'm just wondering.

-Orinocou
sturmovik
Virtuoso

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this imply that Tracy Ace has conjured most of the students in her class into being? Is this some sort of sneaky plot to get tenure Very Happy

Also, does this mean that Tracy Ace somehow has access to the Running with Pencils Forum and if so is it this one or a fictional one in her own world (possibly run by The Neighbour)?

It looks like you've opened up a can of meta-worms Shocked
Archmage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orinocou wrote:
Ooh, the plot thickens! Nice page, Felix; I like the library background.

Mind if I ask you a non-plot-related question? About how long does it take for you to draw and color a page? See, I've got a comic of my own, and am having a lot of trouble keeping a 2 page a week update schedule.

You seem to be able to keep your schedule pretty well, which I admire (though in today's update you mentioned possibly having to cut it down, but that's cool). I just wondered if you had any particular tips or suggestions about that.

Sorry if this has been discussed before; I'm just wondering.

-Orinocou

Well, I never really time myself when arting, I guess maybe I should sometime, but even so I still never do! But the complex pages can take up to an entire day, lesiurely spread out in-between doing other things (like eating and sleeping). Regular, two-row pages are quicker, obviously - an evening or two at most. If I didn't have such a loose schedule, I'd have trouble doing two updates a week too!

Tips and suggestions, hmm... well, if something calls for repetition of backgrounds, or character poses, with no change or only minor expression changes, it's better to copy and paste - in most cases it looks better too. And uh... I guess I don't have much to suggest! I'm not the fastest comic person around, really Very Happy

sturmovik wrote:
Does this imply that Tracy Ace has conjured most of the students in her class into being? Is this some sort of sneaky plot to get tenure Very Happy

Also, does this mean that Tracy Ace somehow has access to the Running with Pencils Forum and if so is it this one or a fictional one in her own world (possibly run by The Neighbour)?

It looks like you've opened up a can of meta-worms Shocked

Meta-worms are fun! Perhaps they make holes. WORM holes. Buuut really, I don't plan on making any link between our actual world and the FP world XD To them, their world is the reality. The only exception is of course Croissant's Corner. Croissant!
asciiwarrior
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sturmovik wrote:

Cogito ergo sum.

In which case, is it possible that some of the people we meet when we walk down the street are, in fact, entirely fictional? Twirling THE WORLD IS SPINNINNNGG!!!1

And, there's definitely a lot of fictional motorists out there. XD

"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men" -Willy Wonka (Zintiel, too)
sturmovik
Virtuoso

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Buuut really, I don't plan on making any link between our actual world and the FP world XD To them, their world is the reality.

Why limit yourself? Many other webcomics have fun with that to great success. Heh, I'll bet you're worried that if your cast finds out they are fictional performers they'll go on strike demanding benefits and compensation. After all your can't take the French out of French-Canadian Razz

Heh, maybe we're part of a webcomic in their world and creating any sort of link between the two will cause the barriers between Universe A and Universe 1 to break down with terrible consequences ! Shocked
Savant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a good idea for no contact. For some reason, I can't get the image of Zintiel destroying the White House out of my head...Then there would be even more American's running around yelling 'We're All Going To Die!'.Wink

No offense to any Americans, it's just amusing how my American friends reacted when I mentioned I was going on the Underground a few months after 7th July. Very Happy
Kugai
Transcendant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which leads to the eternal question

What is The Matrix?

Very Happy

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to to nothing - Edmond Burke

You can never have too much Coffee.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> Flaky Pastry All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: