Running with Pencils Forum Index Running with Pencils
Where the mind frolicks dangerously

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About translations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> Flaky Pastry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanekron
Initiate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: About translations Reply with quote

Hi there!

That's the deal: I've translating Flaky Pastry into spanish for a spanish webcomic community since 2009.

Here you can see the translation: http://flakypastry.subcultura.es

Of course, is not a profesional translation, so is not as perfect as I'd like it to be, but I can assure you I work very hard to make a good translation.

So... why am I telling you this after so long? Well, because I am... soooo... lazy... xD. No, seriously, I'vre tried to contact Fallingard a few times in the past, but he didn't answer me Sad .

So I continued with the translation, because I really love this comic, and I want to share it with spanish-speaking people who don't know english.

Needless to say, I made no profit at all from this, Fallingard is mentioned and theres plenty of links to his webs. Oh, and the translation itself is under a Creative Commons license.

I have to say that Flaky Pastry has been very well received among spanish readers, and I have a really good feedback.

Well, I hope you people like this and, Fallingard, if you read this, please, contact me!
falingard
Archmage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! And welcome to the forum!

I'll be honest with you, why didn't I answer right away when you e-mailed me about the translation? .... Well, I'm lazy Embarassed

That and also I'm a little ambivalent about the fan-translation thing, and I couldn't quite make up my mind if I should say yes or no, and thus I just let you continue without saying anything XD That's pretty much what happened with the guy doing a russian fan-translation, too. Sad But he didn't give up either, and attempted to contact me later as well. Soooo... I guess I'll tell you what I told him...

Yes, go ahead! I'm still not sure how I feel about it, buuut y'know... I am getting hits from it, after all. And it's always nice to know people out there like my work enough to put in the effort of translating it. Croissant!
Tanekron
Initiate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!

I understand you, so I'll do my best with this translation.

Thanks a lot! Very Happy
Tanekron
Initiate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, by the way, I encourage you to visit the translation ocassionaly =D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Running with Pencils Forum Index -> Flaky Pastry All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: